Saturday, August 12, 2006

Placing the blame

...So the other day my boy & I are looking at his toddler Bible that has the major stories in it, Moses, Joseph, Jonah, Zacchaeus, Easter, etc. My boy has been working on a piece of apple in his mouth for about half an hour when all of a sudden he decides to spit it out down the front of his (nice) shirt. I'm cleaning it up and saying, "I've got to clean up apple pieces that somebody has spit all over himself. You don't happen to know who that would be, would you?" He thought about it a second...then looked down at the picture in his Bible, looked at me, and said, "Jesus?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of my favorite sibling story.....one day my mom took Jaime and me to a shoe store. After she finished trying shoes on Jaime, she was helping me with the shoes I had selected. (You know that moms always have to see where your toe ends in the shoe.) As she's finishing with my shoe, Jaime wonders up and she has a handful of change. It amounted to less than a dollar, but mom wanted to teach Jaime a lesson. Mom said, "Jaime, did you find that money somewhere?" Jaime assure her that it was her money. This pattern of questioning went on as mom was paying for our new shoes. When we get in the car, mom was determined to pull out all the stops to teach Jaime a lesson about taking what wasn't hers. She said, "Jaime, God will know if you took that money." It was very quiet in the backseat. Now, Jaime was only 3 at the time, but she was always precocious. After about 15 seconds we hear Jaime say, "God, did I steal this money?" Then in a very deep "voice of God" Jaime says, "No Jaime, you didn't." Mom and I laughed hysterically and I tell the story to everyone. Jaime hates it. :) Good thing she doesn't know about this blog.