I had forgotten about the bizarre dreams that accompany pregnancy, usually about the delivery or care of the growing babe inside. With kiddo #1, I remember dreaming that I took him to work, stuck him in a mail slot, and left him there all day, slippery and bloody like he'd just been born.
Last night was the first dream I'd had of delivering this one, and I got a two-fer. Could've done without both. The first, I dreamt that I was in labor and knew it, but stayed home as long as I possibly could, which is more or less the plan this time around barring any health issues. I got to the hospital and my friend who works L&D there (and who has promised to labor me) got me in the room, where I am surrounded by nurses and doctors (such is the world of dreams!). I reached down and felt the baby crowning, and pushed her out (yes, a girl). What I didn't expect, however, was the second girl that followed right behind her. They were somehow attached, so at first I thought they were conjoined but I later realized it was the placenta and they were mo-mo twins. At first twin B was a bit blobby but then she took shape, and I wrapped them both up. They were both cute, but both were missing digits and B had some kind of facial deformity. Don't remember anything after that.
Dream #2: Same scenario, I went to the hospital knowing I was in labor but contractions not very strong. A few people I know from my current job were at the hospital. (In real life, I will not be delivering where I work unless I go into labor there, which I hope not to do.) At some point someone Leopolded me and told me this one was breech, which I was able to confirm by looking into my uterus (?!). I somehow reached in and grabbed the kid (again, a girl) and pulled her out. Her cord avulsed but didn't really bleed, but I held pressure on her umbilicus and since she wasn't breathing, I gave her breaths since there was no bag/mask. I think someone at some point yelled out my BP, which was 40s/20s. At that point, I woke up.
And I am quite glad both those dreams were only dreams!!!!!! Hopefully that is all the excitement that will happen this pregnancy!
Oh, and I checked my BP at the store today. 119/79...my kind of BP. :)
Friday, November 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment