1) Forever Peace by Joe Haldeman. I really want to finish this book just so it can be done, not because I'm particularly enjoying it at the moment. The plot is not a bad one, but the sci-fi element is just not doing it for me. Spook promises the end is good.
2) Nonviolence in Peace & War Vol. I by M. K. Gandhi. Yep, the Gandhi. Interesting book, if a bit political. Gandhi fascinates me, and I think we as Christians have a lot to learn from someone who did indeed stand nonviolently against the injustices of an empire, not once but multiple times and prevailed. I'm also interested in reading more about Christian pacifists, and if there is any good reading out there on said subject, I'm all ears.
Tuesday, February 02, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Daniel Kirk (who was in InterVarsity) two "grades" ahead of me often has posts on his blog re: pacifism. I'm personally not sure exactly where I stand on pacifism (esp. because I believe there is a time for war [or at least "was" and "will be" if not "is"), but he's a pacifist and he's a clear thinker. www.jrdkirk.com
I take issue with the fact that he went to Duke for his Religion degree (PhD). That's a mark against him, of course.
Post a Comment