Friday, March 20, 2009

Funny saying

Mexicans have the funniest sayings, I think. This is an actual conversation that took place in our house this afternoon.

Jesus: "Mmmmm, something smells good."
Me: "Cooking some sausage for the bean soup."
J: "I bet Daniel will really eat it up tonight." [a joke, because Daniel is a picky eater.]
Me: "Well, I want him to keep trying, because I think he'll eventually like it, if he tastes it enough."
J: "And I bet you believe in saints that can pee."

(Obviously a reference to some of his relatives who believe their saints eat the food set out before their shrines on holidays, etc.)

Some other gems:
When everything seems to be going wrong, "All that's left is for a dog to pee on us."

If I have to ask him to repeat himself several times (like if he mumbles, or there is a lot of background noise), after about two times, he goes, "I said, THE DEAF PEOPLE'S MASS IS ON FRIDAY!"

They sound so much better in Spanish!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I told Pappy about the "...DEAF PEOPLE'S MASS..." aaaaaannnndddd then have used it several times since!!!!! He always laughs! THANK YOU MI HIJO. - YaYa