Monday, January 05, 2009

Funk

No, I am not referring to the odd smell that follows me home from work. :)

I have been feeling quite blah lately. Vacillating between wanting to sleep all the time and being unable to sleep. Eating just to eat. Wanting to do nothing - ever. Finding it a chore to just get up and get dressed in the morning. And on top of all that, my heart beats irregularly. I'm not sure if they're PACs or PVCs, but it doesn't feel good.

I have upped my dose of Zoloft from 50 to 75mg, and it may get upped again before it's all said and done. I also think my body is trying to tell me it cannot do nights forever. Between depression and nightshift, it has really thrown me for a loop here.

I've got an appointment Wednesday to see the doctor about this. I am hoping that he will write me a note to transfer to day/evening shift ASAP. I am also trying to exercise more, eat less junk, and drink less caffeine (that I will have to taper since I do not want caffeine headaches). I'm considering going lacto-ovovegetarian as well to see if it makes a difference.

Bleh. I hate feeling this way.

1 comment:

Covey said...

We're pretty much lacto-ovovegetarian. Apart from teh occasional Chick Fil A and the once every three or four months hamburgers on the grill we don't o meat. I like it and hubbys cholesterol has plummeted. Let me know if you need recipes. Hope your depression gets better. That's something I've never had to battle.