Sunday, October 12, 2008

Good friends









Daniel with Halleigh, the precious little girl of friends Miles and Brooklynne, who hosted us for dinner Saturday night. We were joined by Kristy Kent, also a dear friend from college. We watched the Heels beat Notre Dame, ate yummy burgers/fries/asparagus, and watched Halleigh shamelessly flirt with Daniel. (The horsie pic was posed, though.)

Reminded me just how lucky I am to have such awesome friends. We talked, laughed, and enjoyed ourselves. At least, I did. :) The whole way home, this was the conversation between Daniel and I:
D: Mr. Miles was mad at the Tar Heels. He said "Shoot!"
Me: Yes, he did.
D: But when he's happy, he doesn't say that.

D: Mommy, Mr. Miles made us hamburgers, right?
Me: Yes, honey, he made hamburgers.
D: They were yummy. My tummy liked them.
Me: Mine too.

D: Mommy, Kona is a big scary dog, right?
Me: No, Kona's
not scary. But she is big just like Miss Pansy.
D: But she was showing me her teeth!
Me: She was just smiling.
D: She chased me and licked me, but I was faster than her.

D: Mommy, my acorns are my friends. See? I have them with me to keep them safe.

And, perhaps the best of all, we sang the fight song together:
I'm a Tar Heel born, I'm a Tar Heel bred
And when I die, I'm a Tar Heel dead....

I didn't teach him the ending I learned at Carolina. When he's 18 he can learn it for himself.

Thanks to Miles, Brooke, and Kristy for a fun fun evening!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That's so sweet.