Sunday, January 28, 2007

Interesting game

My friend and sister in Christ Debbie sent me the following link and it is worth a visit: (copy & paste)

http://www.takingitglobal.org/tiged/projects/ayiti/game.html

For those of you who are of the age to remember the game the Oregon Trail, it is similar, except you are part of a family in Haiti just trying to survive. Every time I have played, my whole family gets sick and at least one has died of cholera or diptheria (both totally preventable in the USA, by the way). I usually quit before everyone dies because it bothers me too much that people are dying and this is really reality for a lot of people.

Debbie and her husband Caleb are missionaries living in Pignon, Haiti. Our family supports them, and several years ago I had the privilege of spending time in Haiti seeing what these folks do every day. Haiti and its people are beautiful but so extremely poor that it is heartwrenching. If you are considering supporting missions financially, I would ask that you prayerfully consider Caleb, Debbie, and the good people at Hosean International Ministries (HIM). (www.hosean.org)

Bon Dieu beni ou! (Haitian Creole for God bless you)

No comments: