Sunday, April 30, 2006

"Finished"


I am really getting to like this list thing. So much easier than having to segue into another topic.

1. While I worked this weekend Hubs took Wee One to Chapel Hill to see his (Hubs') nieces and nephew (all in their 20s) living there. He came back spoiled rotten. But I am glad they went because my boy's Mexican roots are just as much a part of him as the Anglo part. They went to see a soccer game which he thoroughly enjoyed. Except that someone needs to explain the rules to him. Hubs said that while the ball was in play and they were kicking it around the field, he was screaming "Goooooool!" (Mexican style) and clapping like a lunatic. When someone actually scored a goal, he got quiet and looked around at the crowd cheering like they were idiots.

2. It was really hard to sleep in our house yesterday, it was so quiet. Guess I'm more used to toddler-and-his-father noise than I thought.

3. I got to be in the nursery Friday night! Hooray! I love it in there. It may sound nuts, but I love feeding and holding and changing diapers. Even the screaming irritable drug babies.

4. I was reading the news online and found something I thought was interesting. As you know by now tomorrow is the planned boycott of immigrants. Some of the same people who have been vociferous critics of immigration are now scrambling trying to figure out what to do if their folks don't show up for work tomorrow. You have your right to your opinion, but don't be a hypocrite about it, please.

5. Incidentally, there could be no worse time than now to come out with the Star-Spangled Banner in Spanish. Hey folks, let's add fuel to the fire! (The national anthem of any country ought to be sung in its original language, whatever that may be, IMHO.)

6. Dad's knee surgery went pretty well. He was dumbfounded by the fact that the nurse who took the best care of him was a man.

7. BTW, in the picture above, Daniel is signing "finished" to let us know he's done eating the spaghetti. :)

2 comments:

Burly said...

finally pictures!

Saintly Nurse said...

My retarded computer finally lets me upload them!